Today I want to talk about Fennel, I know it's been a while since I said I was going to discuss it, but here I am, stop your fussin!
Fennel is such a strong, rich herb. Great for use in food and medicinally, Woop!
- Fennel enriches the quality and quantity of mother's milk, which in turn carries over to baby and helps calm colic.
- We all know fennel is great for digestion and helps rid the intestinal tract of mucus, (come on, who wants mucus in there?)
- Fennel can be used as a breath freshener and gargle
- Fennel can expel worms, and can be applied as an eye wash
- This herb is quite effective in weight loss, helps curb the appetite and alleviates hunger pains!!!
- Promotes more normal bowel function!
- Fennel is more than effective for cancer patients after being exposed to radiation and chemotherapy.
I should use it in more though!
My good friend Kyle LOVES to use fennel to cook with:
"Fennel is great with pork! Whole toasted fennel seeds in pork sausage, I love rubbing pork chops or tenderloins in ground fennel seeds and then searing them in a pan with olive oil, they also add great flavor when added to braising liquids, ground fennel seeds are great for spice rubs and can be combined with other ground spices like coriander!"
So, here you have it! Fennel: Quite a well rounded herb, I'd say!!!
How do you use Fennel? How would you like to see it used? Do you have any interesting experiences with blending or ingesting this herb?